CIC, Centre for Infrastructure Consulting Ltd., has entered into a contract agreement for Detailed Engineering Design for the project; Emergency Procurement of a Design and Build Contractor to Develop Ferry Landing Sites for Buyende, Kaberamaido and Kagwara (BKK) Ferry on Lake Kyoga between Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) and Terrain Services Limited. CIC has requested CDR, as sub-consultant, to:
- Undertake a Reconnaissance Site-visit.
- Preparation of key inputs to project reports in liaison with the Team Leader at CIC Ltd.
The reports include the following:
– Draft Detailed Design Report
– Final Detailed Design Report
- To prepare and submit inputs on Marine and Ferry Route Navigation Investigations including Morphology, Sediment Transport and Jetty Design into the Reports mentioned above.
- Timely submission of inputs into the draft detailed design report to enable completion of the design of the civil structures.
- Attend Client project progress meetings.
CDR has undertaken a reconnaissance site visit and carried out the assignment as requested by CIC:
- Determination of hydrological, hydraulic and other environmental boundary conditions
- Identification of ferry routing and route feasibility study
- Site visit
Site Visit Uganda